You may detect it by one of the following symptoms:
- Unknown foreign trades/payments in your Trading History or Transactions History, which weren't performed by you;
- Incoming notification emails, which weren't requested by you;
- Foreign sessions and/or unknown activity in the Security log.
If you notice any of these, please follow the steps below immediately:
- Change your password and terminate all sessions here;
- If you haven't already, enable the 2-step authentication;
- Change the password to your email account; and
- Check your computer for malware. Make sure that you're not using a public/unprotected WiFi connection.
By going through the steps above you will take away the potential intruders’ access to your account. Make sure that you will never experience this situation again by doing everything you can to secure your account. Here is detailed guidance on how to stay safe.
If you ever have problems accessing your account because of the potential intruders, please contact us by submitting a request here: my account was hacked.
P.S.: If you would like to deactivate your account, please submit a request here: I want to delete my account.