Google has updated its 2FA Authenticator app for iOS with a new account transfer feature that makes it much easier to transfer two-factor authentication codes to a new iPhone. If you get a new phone, don’t forget that your 2FA codes for HitBTC account are generated in the app on the old iPhone. To continue being able to access your account, you’ll need to transfer your 2FA codes to the app on your new phone.
Here are the steps to transfer your 2FA codes to a new device:
- Make sure you’re using the most up-to-date version of Google Authenticator, which you can check via App Store > your Apple ID in the upper-right corner > Swipe down to refresh your list of apps with updates.
- Launch Google Authenticator.
- Tap the triple-dot icon in the upper-right corner and select Export accounts.
- Select up to 10 accounts to export. (You can only do 10 at a time) Tap on Export once you’ve made your choice.
- Launch Google Authenticator on your new iPhone and use it to scan the QR code on your old iPhone.
- Once you’ve confirmed that the accounts were imported successfully—try logging into one, for example—tap Done on your old iPhone, and then tap Remove accounts.
- Repeat the process as necessary, in case you’ve associated more than 10 accounts with Google Authenticator.