Adding assets to the Margin Account
Note that the assets used for collateral will be reserved on your balance and won’t be available for trading.
- Make sure you have assets on the Spot Account, then press "Margin."
- Press the green "Margin" button on the top right.
- A pop-up will appear. Enter the desired amount of collateral (margin) and press the "Transfer" button.
- Now your Buying Power has multiplied by 10. In this example, 500 USDT was borrowed, with collateral of 50 USDT.
- Note that you can add more funds to your collateral (margin) at any time.
Trading on margin
Placing a margin order is similar to placing an order on the spot markets. The Buying Power is the total amount of assets that can be used to open a position. Note that before the first margin order is filled, your margin position is zero and can be canceled at any time without incurring any charges.
When trading on margin, the order types are exactly the same as those of spot markets. The following links can help you learn more about market orders, limit orders, and scaled orders.
How to change the amount of collateral?
You can retrieve funds from your margin at any time.
- To retrieve margin, press “Margin” at the top right corner.
- Click the green "Margin" button, enter the desired amount, and press "Transfer." The funds will become available on your Spot Account.
- Note that if you have an open position, you can retrieve only part of the margin. The system won’t allow you to transfer the Required Margin, which is needed to maintain your current position open.