Table of contents
- Get Started With Staking
Staking is a feature that provides rewards for holding crypto. You do not need to transfer your funds to any other account—simply enable the staking feature. The reward rate and the frequency of payouts depend on the asset. On overall, the reward you get depends on the annual yield for the selected asset, the average staked balance, and the amount of time you are holding it. If you are interested in the way of calculating it, see Glossary for terms and formulas.
Keep in Mind
- There are minimum values for asset balances that you need to keep to start receiving rewards.
- Not all assets support staking—you can find a list of those that do on the Staking screen.
Get Started With Staking
The guide below walks you through setting up staking on your account.
Learn More About Staking
To access the staking screen:
1. Tap the Staking tab on the Wallet screen.
2. Explore the list of assets available for staking, along with their annual yield and payout frequency values. If you have the balance of assets with the staking feature available, their icons will be supplemented with a check mark.
3. To get detailed information about the feature, click Help.
To enable staking:
1. Click Enable Staking on the Staking screen. You will see the confirmation screen.
2. Click Okay to proceed or Learn more about staking to open the web page with information about the staking feature.
You can also enable staking from the asset card. To do that, click Enable Staking in the Staking Details card section.
In a case you wish to disable staking:
1. Scroll the Staking screen to the bottom.
2. Click Disable staking.
As soon as you enable staking, you will have the Staking screen displaying:
- asset icons with a check mark—the assets available for staking that you have (a positive balance);
- asset icons without a check mark—the assets available for staking that you do not have (a zero balance).
To distinguish between the assets, change the toggle position to:
- All — lists all available assets;
- You stake — lists all assets for which you have a positive balance and the staking feature enabled.
To make staking work for a specific asset, simply get the minimum required amount of it. You can either buy the asset, receive it from another user, or swap another asset for it.
View the Staking History
To see how much you have been rewarded for staking a specific asset:
1. Open the asset card, and navigate to the History section.
2. If required, open the History page to view the entire list of transactions.
3. Click the Rewarded list element to view the transaction details.
Annual yield — the return of an investment rate.
Average staked balance — the average staked balance during the current staking period on which rewards will be accrued.
Estimated annual yield — an approximate value of the annual yield.
Payout frequency — the rate of committing payouts.
Reward — the total reward for the staking period.
Staking period — the time interval during which the user held the staked funds; it conditions the reward receipt.